- What does the money raised for Annual Giving support?
- Is annual giving unique to San Antonio Academy?
- Is our gift tax-deductible?
- How may we make our gift to The Academy?
- May we make a gift to a specific purpose?
- May we make our gift anonymously?
- Does San Antonio Academy accept gifts from Corporate Matching Gifts Programs?
Contributions to The Annual Fund help support competitive faculty salaries and professional development so that The Academy continues to attract and retain the best teachers in San Antonio. This extra financial support provided by the Annual Fund also helps the school to remain small so that each boy is known, understood and valued.
By supporting The Annual Fund you are contributing to:
Through the years The Academy's greatest strength has been a talented and committed faculty that carries out the school's distinctive mission.
Given the volume of admissions activity, San Antonio Academy could easily add more students. Instead, The Academy has kept its promise to remain small so that our teachers can provide the personal attention that is a hallmark of an Academy education.
When faculty members attend seminars and training institutes and pursue enrichment outside the classroom, it enhances the students’ experience in the classroom. Annual giving dollars help send each teacher to one or more professional seminars each year.
Make your gift online:
The Academy accepts online payments through our new secure online payment form, as well as checks, credit cards (VISA, Mastercard and American Express) gifts of securities and other assets. A gift of appreciated stock has its advantages: you may avoid paying capital gains tax on the increased value of the stock, and you receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the stock when the gift is made. Consult your accountant or financial planner for more information. Gift may be made in one payment or spread out over the fiscal year. All gifts received by May 31 will count this fiscal year.
Here are some things you should know:
- The provision applies only to IRAs.
- The individual must be 70.5 or older at the time of the donation.
- The amount is limited to $100,000 per taxpayer, per year.
- The donation must be outright and cannot be made to donor-advised funds or supporting organizations.
Please consult your tax advisor about this provision.
For those donors who have special areas of interest, gifts may be designated for specific purposes, such as scholarships, an academic department or the library. Restricted donations strengthen designated programs and free up operating funds, which can then be redirected to other parts of the program.
Yes. Many companies offer a Matching Gift Program, in which they will donate funds to match the gifts made by their employees to schools and other nonprofit organizations.
To find out if you or your spouses’ company offers this great opportunity please:
- Contact your employer’s Human Resources department and obtain a Matching Gift Form.
- Mail the form, along with your gift, to San Antonio Academy’s Development Office.
- San Antonio Academy will return the form to your employer and receive the matching gift in your name.
Matching gifts forms along with your contribution should be sent to:
San Antonio Academy
117 East French Place
San Antonio, Texas 78212-5899
We ask for your help to ensure that San Antonio Academy continues to attract and retain the best teachers – the men and women who make a very positive difference in the lives of 348 boys. In addition, your gift to The Academy Fund provides the extra margin of flexibility that permits The Academy to remain small so that each boy is known, understood and valued.
For more information please contact the Development Office at 210-733-7331 by email.