San Antonio Academy
Because quality of learning is tied to a students’ sense of physical and emotional well-being, the San Antonio Academy Health Center exists to promote optimal health and wellness.
The role of SAA's health team is to:
- Ensure compliance with school entry health requirements such as immunization.
- Provide care and case management for children with chronic health challenges.
- Maintain safe and secure administration of medications.
- Assure the health and safety of students and staff.
- Manage disaster preparedness and emergency service plans.
- Provide health education and staff wellness programs.
- Assure student compliance with state and local regulations related to health and safety.
- Identify school health needs and advocate for necessary resources.
- Improve health literacy at each encounter by teaching personal responsibility for health promotion and prevention and validating individual understanding.
Eric Iglesias, Health Director