Academy students are encouraged to take part in any athletic activity they are interested in. We offer physical education and after-school competitive sports programs to give many opportunities for students to enjoy positive, school-sponsored athletics. The athletic program is also structured to give students knowledge of higher-level athletic expectations. We will help develop leadership skills, brotherhood, and discipline.
- Our focus is to teach advanced individual and team skills and strategies so that players are prepared for high school competition.
- Our goal is to reinforce the knowledge and values that every athlete needs in order to be successful.
- Hard Work: give 100% effort in every practice and game
- Sportsmanship: play fair, win with humility, and lose with grace
- Teamwork: place team goals ahead of personal interests; always support and encourage team members
- Respect: treat with respect all officials, opponents, teammates and coaches
- Appreciation: be aware of and be thankful for God-given abilities and opportunities
- Knowledge and preparation in speed, strength, and agility
Academy students take physical education as a part of the school's curriculum, where physical fitness and self-discipline are emphasized. Most students take P.E. five times each week; two classes empsice phyal specific sports such as football, soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. Basic skills used in other sports, such as track and volleyball, are also taught.
The Academy offers after-school programs in athletics to allow each student the opportunity to participate in a positive, school-sponsored competitive sport. The student body takes advantage of this opportunity with more than 94% involvement. SAA offers football, basketball, cross-country, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track, baseball, wrestling, and golf.