SAA Health Center
Because the quality of learning is tied to a students’ sense of physical and emotional well-being, the San Antonio Academy Health Center exists to promote optimal health and wellness.
The school nurses' role includes:
- Ensuring compliance with school entry health requirements such as immunization.
- Providing care and case management for children with chronic health challenges.
- Maintaining security and safe administration of medications.
- Assures the health and safety of the school students and staff.
- Manages disaster preparedness and emergency service plans.
- Provides health education and staff wellness programs.
- Assures student compliance with state and local regulations related to health and safety.
- Identification of school health needs and advocates for necessary resources;
- Improving health literacy at each encounter by teaching personal responsibility for health promotion and prevention and validating individual understanding.
Contact: Eric Iglesias, Health Director